Nationwide gas prices are up by more than a dollar per gallon compared with a year ago, rising to the highest level in seven years.
Cutting down on gas spending is even more important now with the recent rise in gas prices.
Road trips don’t need to break the bank, thanks to a quiet explosion over the last few years of gas station rewards and third-party loyalty programs designed to save you money on gas.
It’s possible to use one or multiple of these programs to save big on your next fill-up.
Here We Give You Tips On How You Can Save Money on Gas:
- One of the number one things is to check your tires’ air pressure. If the tires underinflated as if lower pressure and has a higher rolling resistance, the tire has to work much harder to get down the road.
- Another tip is to drive steady and avoid abrupt starts and stops if possible.
- Getting rid of unnecessary items inside a vehicle that makes it heavier is another way to get better mileage. Drivers can check what they’re carrying on the outside, too.
- When drivers do fill up, think about the kind of gas they’re buying.
- Keep your vehicle’s engine in good condition.
- Maintain proper air pressure in your tires.
- The faster you travel, the greater your fuel consumption is.
- Try to speed up gradually when you stop for a traffic light.
- Try to drive smoothly.
- Do not allow your engine to idle.